Our annual Summer Fellowship competition is open! Applications are due March 22, 2021.
A fellow’s project could be any of a range of possible tools or technology enhancements for a particular course, including, but not limited to:
- Creating a media application for a course (e.g., a website or vocabulary app)
- Implementing an innovative use of a new technology or social media platform
- Developing new assessment tools for in-class or placement use
Complete applications should include all the following, compiled together as one single PDF:
- Cover page with your name, home department, email address, and project title.
- Project proposal (no more than 2 pages in length total) that includes all these parts:
- An overview of the project, including motivation and rationale for it
- A timeline demonstrating how the project can feasibly be completed in six weeks
- An explanation of how the project provides something new for the language program
- A plan for how the project will be evaluated in the classroom
- A detailed budget list of all resource and material needs
- A description of any possible linkages to other university initiatives or departments
- Recommendation letter from your department chair
Read all the details here. LCTL instructors are particularly encouraged to apply!